Is it possible to share a document between several TC?

thumbnail
Angel Guillermo Hidalgo, modified 10 Years ago.

Is it possible to share a document between several TC?

Padawan Posts: 62 Join Date: 12/20/13 Recent Posts
Hi all,

As a TestStep I need to open an specific excel file. This procedure is necessary in many TC.

I don't want to upload the same document to each TC. Is it posible to share the document between different TC?

Regards,

Angel Hidalgo
thumbnail
Patrick Reilly, modified 10 Years ago.

RE: Is it possible to share a document between several TC?

Padawan Posts: 71 Join Date: 2/23/11 Recent Posts
Hi Angel,

No, this is not currently possible.

A single shared attachment which belongs to multiple test cases will not be possible, but it would be possible to allow a bulk action to upload the same attachment to multiple test cases at once. Would this be satisfactory for your use case?

In practice, this would mean that Iterations, Requirements, Test Environments, Systems under Test, Test Cases and Test Suites would receive a new bulk action to upload the same (or multiple) attachment(s).

I have created the feature request KLAROS-2274 (Allow uploading of attachments to multiple objects) to track this.

Regards,
Patrick
thumbnail
Angel Guillermo Hidalgo, modified 10 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 62 Join Date: 12/20/13 Recent Posts
Hi Patrick,

Actually I would prefer to share the document.

And about bulk actions in a TC, I only have <Print>, <Delete select items>, <Duplicate select items>, <Create new revisions>, <Create new Test Suite> and <Assign the select entries to a category>. Which of them I should use? It is not clear for me.

Regards,
Angel Hidalgo
thumbnail
Patrick Reilly, modified 10 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 71 Join Date: 2/23/11 Recent Posts
Hi Angel,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. That was a suggestion for a possible future feature.

Regards,
Patrick