Tracking of <errors> or <failures>

thumbnail
Angel Guillermo Hidalgo, modified 10 Years ago.

Tracking of <errors> or <failures>

Padawan Posts: 62 Join Date: 12/20/13 Recent Posts
Hi,

We are using Klaros Enterprise Edition. Currently, we have not linked an Issue Management with Klaros. I'd like to add a custom field in a Test Case Result (different to Description or Summary). In other words, when I get an <Error> or <Failure>. After some time (days maybe), I'd like to open the Test Case Result and add a note.

Is it possible to do that?

Regards,

Angel Hidalgo
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 10 Years ago.

RE: Tracking of <errors> or <failures> (Answer)

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Angel,

Currently there is no implementation available for working with custom fields in test results, actually you are the first customer asking for this.

From a technical point of view this would be feasible to implement with the given data model, so I added a feature request for this (KLAROS-2173).

This will take quite an effort implementation wise (especially in the web and mobile execution clients) so don't hold your breath for a quick implementation.

To get back to your problem at hand - it really depends on what information you would like to add here. I see both an issue management system or adding information to the description field as a possible solution.

If adding bug tracking information is what you are after I would suggest option 1 here.

Hope this helps,

Torsten
thumbnail
Angel Guillermo Hidalgo, modified 10 Years ago.

RE: Tracking of <errors> or <failures>

Padawan Posts: 62 Join Date: 12/20/13 Recent Posts
Thanks Torsten,

You are right. Option 1 is the best. Currently, we use Redmine and we report bugs there. We upload the bug to Redmine after we analize the issue, because in some cases they are duplicated or they were already reported. For that reason we don't want to link Klaros with Redmine directly.

The idea is this:

1. A validator engineer executes a TC
2. He finds an issue and reports it.
3. Validation's team analyze the issue, if the issue is new, the the bug is uploaded to Redmine.
4. Redmine assigns the ID automatically.
5. The bug ID is used for tracking.

In this case, we want to add the bug ID, and as you know, it is not a description. For this reason I ask you a custom field.

Regards,

Angel Hidalgo
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 10 Years ago.

RE: Tracking of <errors> or <failures> (Answer)

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Angel,

in this case it might be the easiest solution to link the test case to the issue id once it gets created in Redmine (via Evaluate / Link Issues).

For this you would have to track this information outside of Klaros / Redmine.

But another idea comes to mind:

How about creating a separate triage project in Redmine were the Validation's team raises their issues first?

You can still link from there to "real" issues in the developers Redmine once you have validated them or just close them as duplicates.

And yes, Klaros is able to associate both Redmine projects with your single Klaros project.

Just my 2ct worth.

Regards,

Torsten