Where are Backup/Exports saved to

Jamie Andrews, modified 10 Years ago.

Where are Backup/Exports saved to

Youngling Posts: 5 Join Date: 2/7/14 Recent Posts
Hi,

I have exported all of my projects but when exporting it does not ask where to save to. Can someone please tell mr where the XML files are saved to when exporting from the Backup page?

Thanks,
Jamie
thumbnail
Patrick Reilly, modified 10 Years ago.

RE: Where are Backup/Exports saved to

Padawan Posts: 71 Join Date: 2/23/11 Recent Posts
Hi Jamie,

Welcome to the community!

The location to which the XML files is saved depends on your browser settings. If you were not asked for a location it is likely that you have set your browser to automatically save downloaded files to a particular folder. (e.g. in Firefox: Tools->Options->General Tab->Save files to)

Your browser also most likely has a download list which should allow you to open the folder in which each file has been saved by using the right-click (or command-click) menu.

Regards,
Patrick
Jamie Andrews, modified 10 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 5 Join Date: 2/7/14 Recent Posts
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the reply but I am using IE 8 which when you save a file you generally get a Save As dialog. When Exporting from Klaros I do not get a save as dialog just a message that my files have been exported. I have looked thru the My Documents, Downloads, Desktop and other locations and can't find the files. Do you know how the exports are named so I can do a search for them?
thumbnail
Patrick Reilly, modified 10 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 71 Join Date: 2/23/11 Recent Posts
Hi Jamie,

Have you checked that the IE8 pop-up blocker is not blocking the save as window?

The option "Show Information Bar when a pop-up is blocked." may be disabled in the pop-up blocker settings, which are accessible from Tools->Internet Options->Privacy.

It is quite likely in this case that the files were not saved in your case, the message in Klaros-Testmanagement appears when the file is successfully prepared and sent to the browser to be saved, not when it is downloaded by the user. Backup files are named like "Klaros-Backup-Feb 7, 2014 16_10 PM.xml"

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Patrick