Redmine authentication failed (wrong user name or password)

Joby V A, modified 10 Years ago.

Redmine authentication failed (wrong user name or password)

Youngling Posts: 14 Join Date: 1/14/14 Recent Posts
Hi,

I am struck with this error while Integrating klaros to redmine. The first error while adding the url is

'unexpected error: de.verit.klaros.service.issuemanagement.IssueManagementException: net.sf.redmine_mylyn.core.RedmineStatusException: net.sf.redmine_mylyn.api.exception.RedmineApiHttpStatusException: Unexpected status code - 404'

When I try to validate the url, it shows 'Redmine authentication failed (wrong user name or password)' .

Redmine version is 2.4.1
Klaros version is 4.0.0

Someone please help.

Thanks
Joby
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 10 Years ago.

RE: Redmine authentication failed (wrong user name or password)

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hi Joby,

the latest Redmine Mylyn Connector Plugin is no longer compatible to Redmine versions 2.4.0 and later. The last working version is Redmine 2.3.x.

Please follow board messages Redmine 2.4.x support and Redmine integration issues - Mylyn is very slow for details and a possible solution.

It may help to contact the project maintainer at http://danmunn.github.io/redmine_mylyn_connector/ directly about the future of the Plugin.

Regards,

Torsten

Torsten Stolpmann:
Hi Joby,

the latest Redmine Mylyn Connector Plugin is no longer compatible to Redmine versions 2.4.0 and later. The last working version is Redmine 2.3.x.

Please follow board messages Redmine 2.4.x support and Redmine integration issues - Mylyn is very slow for details and a possible solution.

It may help to contact the project maintainer at http://danmunn.github.io/redmine_mylyn_connector/ directly about the future of the Plugin.

Regards,

Torsten

Hi Torsten,

Thanks for the quick reply. Even after performing the suggested fixes, the problem remains the same. Let me try on redmine 2.3

Regards

Joby

Hi Torsten,

I got it working with redmine 2.3.3. I would like to confirm few more things along with this. While integrating klaros with redmine, is it necessary to have admin credentials or whether it will work with other user account's also?. After the integration whether klaros fetching data from redmine or vice versa. Please let me know.

Thanks

Joby
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 10 Years ago.

RE: Redmine authentication failed (wrong user name or password) (Answer)

Hi Joby,

there are no admin credentials necessary to use Klaros-Testmanagement with Redmine.

Per default Klaros-Testmanagement uses the same credentials you used for logging in at Klaros to authenticate at the Redmine instance.
If this fails, Klaros asks you to enter new credentials (this only happens once per issue management system defined until you have a successful connection).

You just need to make sure that the users have proper access to the project defined in the issue management system.

Hope this helps,

Torsten
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 1 Year ago.

Quick reminder: As of Klaros version 4.12 the native Redmine API is used and the installation of a Redmine plugin is no longer required.