Unable to Connect Error

Charles Reed, modified 11 Years ago.

Unable to Connect Error

Youngling Posts: 10 Join Date: 12/28/12 Recent Posts
Warning: I am completely ignorant regarding Tomcat!

i just installed klaros and can't connect. I installed it on a Windows Vista Business SP2 computer, I have Java 7 installed and the JAVA_HOME variable is set to "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7". I've also tried setting it to "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin" and restarted the computer each time I changed it.

I just discovered there is an instance of Tomcat installed through XAMMP but it is not running (Apache and MYSQL are). I click the button to start the klaros server and try to access the webpage but Firefox errors: Unable to connect: Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost:18080.

I'm sure this is a Tomcat problem but I have no idea where to start. HELP

!emoticon
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 11 Years ago.

RE: Unable to Connect Error

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Welcome Charles,

could you please add the content of logs directory in your Klaros Testmanagement installation directory to this posting or sent it to support@verit.de?

This would really help us to identify the problem.

A well known issue is the installation of Klaros in the Programs or Programs (x86) folder, where active UAC will inhibit Tomcat from getting launched properly. The installer should have tried to suggest a different directory though.

Hope this helps,

Torsten

The log is attached. the installation path is: "C:\Users\user\Klaros-Testmanagement"
thumbnail

Thanks Charles,

If this is the only file in the logs directory I suspect a problem with the java setup.

Can you please try the following:

1. Open a command shell and enter: "%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java" -version

This should print out the java version installed or else your JAVA_HOME is set to the wrong path.

2. Open a conmmand shell and change the directory to the C:\Users\user\Klaros-Testmanagement\bin folder, enter startup.bat

This should start the tomcat server in the way the icon does and should give some output which should help to resolve this problem.

Please fill me in with the details if you get stuck.

Regards,

Torsten

The startup.bat output is telling me it wants the JAVA_HOME pointed to JDK and not JRE. I will download the JDK and try again.

Thanks for the quick responses! Sad to know I'm not the only one working on Sunday, ugh!!!!!
thumbnail

It might also be sufficient to point JRE_HOME to your java directory and just remove the JAVA_HOME definition.

Regards,

Torsten

That was it! The issue is resolved. Thank you so much. emoticon