Create issue automatically adds link to first test case

Filip Zamboj, modified 11 Years ago.

Create issue automatically adds link to first test case

Youngling Posts: 8 Join Date: 11/22/12 Recent Posts
hi,

When I am creating an issue to redmine from klaros, the link to first test is added automatically to the description field. It seems incorrect. I think that a drop down box to which test case the issue should be linked would be better. Or, don't provide a link at all and just let the user to link the issue to test case at execution or in "link issues" view and maybe add such action to comment into redmine issue if linkage is done after bug is created (?).

Thanks!
Rgds,
thumbnail
Patrick Reilly, modified 11 Years ago.

RE: Create issue automatically adds link to first test case

Padawan Posts: 71 Join Date: 2/23/11 Recent Posts
Hi Filip,

What do you mean by the link to the first test? When creating an issue from within the Test Runner in Klaros, the issue will always be linked to the test case currently being executed or, if on the result screen, the currently selected test case (this option seems to be what you want with with drop-down selection suggestion).

The links which are automatically added may also be deleted while creating the issue, they are included mainly for convenience.

It seems like a good idea to add a comment to issues upon linking them to Test Cases in Klaros. I have created an improvement (KLAROS-1792) to track this suggestion.

Thanks for your feedback!
Patrick
Filip Zamboj, modified 11 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 8 Join Date: 11/22/12 Recent Posts
Hi Patrick, thanks for quick answer. see inline, please.

Patrick Reilly:
Hi Filip,

What do you mean by the link to the first test? When creating an issue from within the Test Runner in Klaros, the issue will always be linked to the test case currently being executed or, if on the result screen, the currently selected test case (this option seems to be what you want with with drop-down selection suggestion).

Filip: I meant in evaluate -> create issues page. However, now i noticed that after log out and logging in, it doesn't happen. So, I think it happens only after you link the issue first and then you click on Evaluate -> Create Issues. The point here is that Evaluate -> Create Issues is general not tight to the test case. Of course, during test execution, it is automatic (I love this part! emoticon ).

The links which are automatically added may also be deleted while creating the issue, they are included mainly for convenience.

Filip: sure emoticon.

It seems like a good idea to add a comment to issues upon linking them to Test Cases in Klaros. I have created an improvement (KLAROS-1792) to track this suggestion.

Filip: Thanks emoticon

Thanks for your feedback!
Patrick
thumbnail
Patrick Reilly, modified 11 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 71 Join Date: 2/23/11 Recent Posts
Hi Filip,

Filip Zamboj:
Filip: I meant in evaluate -> create issues page. However, now i noticed that after log out and logging in, it doesn't happen. So, I think it happens only after you link the issue first and then you click on Evaluate -> Create Issues. The point here is that Evaluate -> Create Issues is general not tight to the test case. Of course, during test execution, it is automatic (I love this part! emoticon ).

Ahh OK, it seems like something strange is happening here! I have reproduced this and created an issue (KLAROS-1793).

Thanks again!
Patrick