REST and Custom Fields in Test Step

Dmitriy Zhitomirskiy, modified 3 Years ago.

REST and Custom Fields in Test Step

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 2/3/21 Recent Posts
Hello, Dear Developers!

We are looking for replacing Jira Adaptavist (now Zephyr Scale) and You Klaros TMS is near simmiliar with it.

But there is some functions which I haven't found.

1. There is a custom fields in Test Suite, Test Cases and others. I haven't found how can I make a custom field for TestStep. It's is possible ? And if not - can it be developed in near future?

2. Jira Adaptavist allows You to use REST API for get information and put information for Test Suits, TestCases, TestSteps and others. So We have developed a small framework for getting test cases and test steps and pushing results back. According to information about Klaros - I can only GET information from Klaros via REST API. Is it correct and there is no any solution to put results back?

Big thanks for such Tool!
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 3 Years ago.

RE: REST and Custom Fields in Test Step

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hello Dmitriy,

on behalf of the team - thank you for kind words!

1. There is a custom fields in Test Suite, Test Cases and others. I haven't found how can I make a custom field for TestStep.
It's is possible ? And if not - can it be developed in near future?
The support for user defined fields for test steps [KLAROS-3941] is on our roadmap for the next feature release 5.1 end of Q1.

2. Jira Adaptavist allows You to use REST API for get information and put information for Test Suits, TestCases, TestSteps and others.
So We have developed a small framework for getting test cases and test steps and pushing results back.
According to information about Klaros - I can only GET information from Klaros via REST API. Is it correct and there is no any solution to put results back?
There is also REST interface for uploading test results, you probably missed the following part of the documentation:

https://www.klaros-testmanagement.com/files/doc/html/User-Manual.Import-Export.html#User-Manual.Import-Export.TestResultImport

In addition, there is also a Jenkins plugin available for uploading test results which is using the same interface.

Please let me know If you have any additional questions. You can also contact us via email at support@verit.de during your evaluation. We are always happy to help.

Kind regards,

Torsten
Dmitriy Zhitomirskiy, modified 3 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 2/3/21 Recent Posts
The support for user defined fields for test steps [KLAROS-3941] is on our roadmap for the next feature release 5.1 end of Q1.
Thanks for information

There is also REST interface for uploading test results, you probably missed the following part of the documentation:
Maybe I haven't cleare describe what I meant. I have seen this page but it describes that You should upload the whole test scenario.

In Jira Adaptavist You can run Test Step by step and after each step upload the step result via rest. At now there is no such function? And can it be developed?
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 3 Years ago.

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Maybe I haven't cleare describe what I meant. I have seen this page but it describes that You should upload the whole test scenario.
Yes, this is correct, we currently expect the whole test run including all test (step) results therein.

In Jira Adaptavist You can run Test Step by step and after each step upload the step result via rest. At now there is no such function? And can it be developed?
This is an interesting idea. Sadly, there is currently is no such interface available, but it sure can be developed.

Basically there are two options for this:

1. Build an external proxy service which is collecting the results step by step, transform these to an (extended) JUnit xml string and then send this off to Klaros using the interface mentioned above.

You should be able to implement that yourself if you prefer to do so. We can provide you with samples of what we expect.

2. We are also providing professional services for custom implementations if you prefer this.

This can be done as described above, or implemented as part off the product. If interested, please drop me a note at sales@verit.de for further details.

Regards,

Torsten