Failed Mantis URL check

Fabian D., modified 5 Years ago.

Failed Mantis URL check

Youngling Posts: 4 Join Date: 1/8/19 Recent Posts
Hello,

I’m interested in the enterprise edition of Klaros but for the first steps I currently evaluating the community edition.
Important for me is the connection to MantisBT but here I’ve got a problem with the login. 
The check of the URL fails and it appears a message about wrong user name or password although the data is correct (user and project is available in Mantis, user has full access to project).

Since this is a test configuration, everything is currently running on one local server->

- Klaros 4.9.7 build 1815
- MantisBT 2.18.0 via XAMPP

Other solutions from the forum could not help so far.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards!
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 5 Years ago.

RE: Failed Mantis URL check (Answer)

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hello Fabian,

can you please provide a sample of the URL you are trying to connect with along with the log message shown when connecting?

Please note that the base URL of the Mantis installation is required here (No /login_page.php etc.).

Also you should make sure that the REST API is enabled in your Mantis installation:
config/config_inc.php
should contain
$g_webservice_rest_enabled = ON;

Hope this helps,

Torsten

RE: Failed Mantis URL check

Hello Torsten,

Thanks for your fast reply.

I tried the following URLs: 

- http://localhost/mantisbt/
- http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/mantisbt/ (corresponding IP of localhost)

Do you mean this log?
localhost_access_log.2019-01-08:

0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 - - [08/Jan/2019:13:37:09 +0100] "GET /klaros-web/javax.faces.resource/images/ui-bg_gloss-wave_100_eeeeee_500x100.png.seam?ln=ace-klarostheme&v=3_3_0_160121 HTTP/1.1" 304 -
0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 - - [08/Jan/2019:13:37:40 +0100] "POST /klaros-web/pages/subviews/configure/settings/integrationSettings.seam HTTP/1.1" 200 539
0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 - - [08/Jan/2019:13:37:40 +0100] "GET /klaros-web/javax.faces.resource/icons/32x32/Error-32x32.png.seam?v=3_3_0_160121 HTTP/1.1" 304 -

The REST API is enabled.

Thanks and regards!
thumbnail

Hello Fabian,

localhost_access_log only lists the browser requests to the Klaros application.

Assuming that you are running under Linux, the log entries I am looking for are located in logs/catalina.out in the Klaros installation folder. Under Windows those can probably be found in the console window until you installed Klaros as a windows service.

It may also be wothwhile to check the Mantis logs as well.

Kind regards,

Torsten

Hi Torsten,

I'm sorry, attached the other log files.

Thank you!
thumbnail

Hi Fabian,

Your version of Mantis ( 2.18.0) is behaving slightly differently than the previous ones we were using for our integration tests.

During the login process we request a non existing ticket and expect a particular error message, this way we can detected that we are really connected to a Mantis instance.

This approach does no longer  work here (Mantis bails out with a server error), leading to a failed login attempt.

We have a fix ready which will be available with the next release 4.8.8 which should circumvent this condition.

Until then I recommend using an earlier Mantis version for your tests. Mantis 1.2.xx should be fine.

Regards,

Torsten

Hi Torsten,

Thank you for your kind help. I will wait for your next release.

Best regards,

Fabian 
thumbnail

Hi Fabian,

We just released version 4.10 which contains an improved Mantis-Support.

As it turned out, the culprit of your issues seems to be a bug in an Apache Webserver Plugin (Apache PageSpeed) which was accidentally inserting an additional head-tag in the response of the soap API of Mantis.

I raised a bug with Bitnami to remedy that that problem here: https://community.bitnami.com/t/pagespeed-is-breaking-the-mantis-soap-api/63742/5

Sorry for inconvenience. Please let me know if now everything is working as expected.

Torsten