Mail notifications

thumbnail
Angel Guillermo Hidalgo, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Mail notifications

Padawan Beiträge: 62 Beitrittsdatum: 20.12.13 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

Excuse me, in what cases klaros sends email notifications to users?

Thanks in advance

Angel Hidalgo
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

RE: Mail notifications

Jedi Council Member Beiträge: 755 Beitrittsdatum: 12.02.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Angel,

an email with the initial password will be sent to a user account when the account is created. This requires the user email address to be present and valid mail settings.

Regards,

Torsten
thumbnail

Hi Torsten,

Ok, I knew that, but what about, when the Administrator assigns a JOB to a Tester, it is executed a JOB or things like that. Does Klaros send a mail notification or not?

Thanks in advance

Angel Hidalgo
thumbnail

Hi Angel,

Sorry, this is currently not implemented.

There are probably a lot of other situations where a mail notification would be useful but this would require some more configuration options as this is not something that would please everybody. I added feature request KLAROS-2211 to ensure this does not get lost.

Testers can currently find their assigned jobs on the "My Jobs" page or their mobile app job list.

Regards,

Torsten
thumbnail

Ok Torsten I understand.

I guess could be a good idea to track Jobs.

Additionaly, when I click over <Send Test Mail> button. Who receives that test mail?

Regards,

Angel
thumbnail
Patrick Reilly, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Padawan Beiträge: 71 Beitrittsdatum: 23.02.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Angel,

The test email is sent to the email address specified for the user who clicks the button.

Regards,
Patrick
thumbnail

Hi Patrick,

In the attached file you will find my mail configuration.

If I click over <Send Test Mail>, Klaros will send to klaros@edt.local? What happens with Password?

I need to verify sending a mail to only one user.

Thanks in advance,

Angel
thumbnail

Hi Angel,

if your mail server requires password authentication you would need to activate the SMTP selection as shown in your screendump and add a valid username and password to access it. In most intranet settings this is not required and you should select authentication None and omit username and password here. You probably need to ask your local administrator about required authentication settings if you are unsure about this.

As Patrick said, the test email will always be sent to the email address specified in your user account in Klaros or it will complain if none is found.

Hope this helps,

Torsten
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, geändert vor 4 Jahren.

For the record: KLAROS-2211 has been implemented in version 4.3 with additional email notification types.

You can find the announcement in the release notes here: https://www.klaros-testmanagement.com/forum/-/message_boards/message/278437

The individual email notification types are listed in detail in the documentation: https://www.klaros-testmanagement.com/files/doc/html/User-Manual.Configure.Main-GeneralSettings.html#User-Manual.Configure.Main-GeneralSettings.Notifications

Torsten