Integrating with JIRA from Klaros Community Edition

SHAHUL YUSOOF, modified 4 Years ago.

Integrating with JIRA from Klaros Community Edition

Youngling Posts: 4 Join Date: 1/26/20 Recent Posts
Hello ,

I have installed the Klaros Testmanageent Commuity Edition and trying to test integrating the JIRA for bug tracking and reporting. We are facing issue Integrating the JIRA with Klaros. We have created the API token in JIRA and have been using that token to authenticate the JIRA Cloud instance for our testing . It is failing to authenticate and integrate with JIRA.

When I  tried  test that Token using Postman , it is  able to connect and authenticate. Below is the error in the log that we got :

2020-01-26 16:07:49: ERROR, de.verit.klaros.web.handler.GlobalExternalConnectionHandler, http-nio-18080-exec-4 Unable to connect to external server IM00001 at https://nhbraintest.atlassian.net/
de.verit.klaros.exception.KlarosServiceException: RestClientException{statusCode=Optional.of(403), errorCollections=[]}

Appreciate any help ..

Thanks,
thumbnail
Torsten Stolpmann, modified 4 Years ago.

RE: Integrating with JIRA from Klaros Community Edition (Answer)

Jedi Council Member Posts: 755 Join Date: 2/12/09 Recent Posts
Hello Shalul,

from the stacktrace it seems that you configured the Jira Legacy server type for connecting to your Jira Cloud instance.

This will not work, as it uses the SOAP interface for which support has been dropped by Atlassian a long time ago.

Please change your IMS server type to Jira and try again.

Hope this helps,

Torsten

RE: Integrating with JIRA from Klaros Community Edition

Thanks Tortan for your immediate reply .. 

I am setting up for JIRA by choosing the system as Jira .. I am not actually selecting the Jira Legacy option . By selecting the System as Jira, I am giving the User ID as my mail User id and the API Token as the password . Attached the screen shot for reference. It says sometimes the PROJECT does not exist or sometimes the Null pointer excetion .  It is not actually authenticating and getting integrated. Please find attached the screen shot for the reference. 

Thanks,
Shahul
thumbnail

Hello Shahul,

thanks for your follow-up, we were able to reproduce this issue.

Apparently the behavior of the Jira instance has changed slightly (now sending a 403 instead of 401) during our connection check.

This issue is tracked under the ID KLAROS-4305. We will cover it in the 4.12.5 release later this week.

I will let you know as soon as it is ready.

Thank you for reporting!

Torsten

Thanks Torsten .. We are looking forward to the new release ...
Ibraim Asanov, modified 4 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 6 Join Date: 1/30/20 Recent Posts
Hi all,
I am looking forward to that fix as well.
Regards,
Ibraim
thumbnail

Hi Shahul and Ibraim,

we have just released version 4.12.5 containing the fix for Jira-Cloud instances.

Please let me know if this resolves your problem.

Kind regards,

Torsten

Thanks Torsten for the updates ... I got the latest version of Klaros and installed on my local . Now I am able to validate the JIRA URL with Token . 

Only thing is that After I linked the Test cases to the Defect , When I click the Issue, it not directly going to the page.. It is asking my User ID . Please find attached the screen shot.  Please advise . 

Appreciate your help .. 
thumbnail
Fabian Klaffke, modified 4 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 92 Join Date: 9/1/12 Recent Posts
Hi Shahul,

we're glad to hear that you could connect your Jira system with Klaros Testmanagement.

Clicking on the issue id (NHB-2) will link you to your external Jira system, where you need to login with your Jira credentials. To view and edit an issue in Klaros, please press the edit button instead (I've marked it on the attached screenshot).

Regards,
Fabian

Hello, I am still not able to successfully authenticate even with the latest version.
thumbnail

Hi Ibraim,

Starting April 2019, Atlassian limited cloud access to token based authentication only. Did try using your token or your Jira password?

See also: https://www.klaros-testmanagement.com/files/doc/html/User-Manual.Installation.html#User-Manual.Installation.IssueManagement.jira

Regards,
Fabian

Hi Fabian,
I am using an API token generated for my Atlassian account. As you can see in the previous attachment when I use the token from Postman it is returning success, but when I try it from Klaros integration it says 'Authentication failed (unknown user name or wrong password).' Is there any additional log that I can provide (or anything else) for further investigation?
Regards,
Ibro
thumbnail

Hi Ibraim,

thanks for your extensive answer. There are indeed several log files you could send us, which should lead us to the reason as why the authentication fails.

The files are located in the following folders:

• the logs folder in the installation directory
  • the logs folder within the .klaros directory

Regards,
Fabian

Hi Fabian,
The only logs that I can find are the ones in the logs directory in the installation directory (attached). I cannot find '.klaros' directory.
Regards!
thumbnail

Hi Ibrahim,

thanks for the logs which contained the following valuable information:

05-Feb-2020 13:12:02.008 INFO org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log Java Home:             C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-9.0.1
05-Feb-2020 13:12:02.008 INFO org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log JVM Version:           9.0.1+11

Java 9 is not supported as stated in the installation manual here:
https://www.klaros-testmanagement.com/files/doc/html/User-Manual.Installation.html#User-Manual.Installation.Prerequisites.Server

We also added a notification for this on the Configure / Overview page which you probably missed.

Please revert your Java-Installation to Java 8. I think this should fix your problem, but please let us know anyway.

As you are running Klaros under Windows without installing it as a service, some log messages will be sent to the console window only.

Please switch to a Windows service installation as described here:

https://www.klaros-testmanagement.com/files/doc/html/User-Manual.Installation.html#User-Manual.Installation.installAsService.Windows

This allows for easier identification of any problems you might have.

The .klaros folder Fabian mentioned will is created in the home folder of the user starting klaros. You find an exhaustive list in the documentation here:
https://www.klaros-testmanagement.com/files/doc/html/User-Manual.Installation.html#User-Manual.Installation-Process.Main.Important-Files

Hope this helps,

Torsten

Hi Torsten,

I`ve used the Windows machine just to try it from one more point. The main idea is that Klaros TMS will be hosted on a VM in the cloud and the VM will be a Linux one. I`ve tried what you suggested (thanks for the tip for the Java version, I did really miss that!) but unfortunately it didn`t work. Here is the overview of the Ubuntu server:

Regards,
Ibraim
thumbnail

Hi Ibraim,

This all looks good to me, Linux is the better choice anyway emoticon

Regarding your continued problems with Jira Cloud, we need to pinpoint the differences in your installation.
Jira Cloud integration works in our automated tests as well as for Shalul and others.

Is there something special with your Cloud instance? Maybe a localization issue is interfering here?

Regards,

Torsten

Hi Torsten,

It is working fine now as well. It turns out that I was trying to access it using the project Name, rather than project Key (another forum topic). Maybe the error message that is returning should change a bit to lead to Project Name/ Key check and not only to Unauthenticated error which in this case is misleading. Thank you all for the support!

Regards,
Ibraim
thumbnail

Hi Ibrahim,

thanks for the update, I am glad to hear that this is resolved for you.

We implemented KLAROS-4316 today, which is adding a log entry in the form of:

Unexpected error: 'Support' is not a valid project key, did you mean 'SUP'?
This improvement will be available with the next released version.

Thank you for your suggestion and feel free to add!

Kind regards,

Torsten